Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Kerryblueboy

Re: Dyche

Can’t believe you are enjoying this type of tripe ram
TheRam

Kerryblueboy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:43 am Can’t believe you are enjoying this type of tripe ram
Obviously didn’t enjoy Monday night.

It was rubbish, but I’ve seen a lot worse and think overall dyche has done a very good job and it’s been a lot more enjoyable than the last few years.
777Kidnappings

TheRam wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:38 am Wouldn’t even rank in top 50 worst performances in the premier league for us.

Totally agree. It was a dreadful watch but also a game we maybe should have won. You'd think we'd got beat 5 nil the way people are talking
AjaxAndy

Was terrible but DCL had 2 presentable opportunities, Garner had 2 really good opportunities, Doucoure somehow couldn't direct the ball in to the goal from 4 yards out.

I've seen performances like that where we create nothing, so I'm with @TheRam in that it wasn't anywhere near the worst performance we've seen from even this set of players in recent times.

Yes it was horrible, not saying it wasn't, needs to be a whole lot better... No denying that.
brap2

It's finally making me question xg. The chances we are 'creating' are just NOT good quality chances I don't care what anyone says. Swinging a boot at a bobble in the box or leaping 7 foot to guide a header, these are not good chances created.
MIG

It’s definitely been over done how shite we were. We were poor. We should have won. But that’s about it.
brap2

I think the context of the game and the contrasting approach has made it feel bad. The way they are playing, how flat, slow, ponderous. The same switch, cut back, lump, bad cross. Go back, switch, cut back, lump, bad cross.
AjaxAndy

brap2 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:29 am It's finally making me question xg. The chances we are 'creating' are just NOT good quality chances I don't care what anyone says. Swinging a boot at a bobble in the box or leaping 7 foot to guide a header, these are not good chances created.
I think we tend to miss one really big chance every few games which inflates the Xg... The amount of times we've somehow not got the ball over the line when it seems almost impossible not to do so (Palace and Fulham immediately jump to mind but there's been lots of others) is crazy.

I'd argue Garner's second effort would be high Xg too given where he was when hitting it, even his first is probably fairly high.

Add those 2 + Doucoure + DCL's headers (first one especially) and the Xg to me adds up.

It's not like we create great opportunities to score, but we also somehow do a great job of keeping the ball out of the opponents goal when we do finally make one.
brap2

AjaxAndy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am I think we tend to miss one really big chance every few games which inflates the Xg... The amount of times we've somehow not got the ball over the line when it seems almost impossible not to do so (Palace and Fulham immediately jump to mind but there's been lots of others) is crazy.

I'd argue Garner's second effort would be high Xg too given where he was when hitting it, even his first is probably fairly high.

Add those 2 + Doucoure + DCL's headers (first one especially) and the Xg to me adds up.

It's not like we create great opportunities to score, but we also somehow do a great job of keeping the ball out of the opponents goal when we do finally make one.
Yeah I just dont think they are good chances, they are scrappy and horrible and rely on you beating several players to the ball in a warzone.

Best chances in the game per xg were:

Onana header (7 foot in the air, crowded box)
Doucoure shot (crowded box ball pinballing everywhere)
Tark header (crowded box beat everyone at the back stick)
Then DCLs header, (another leap through the air beat everyone to it job.

All came after the hour mark. Interestingly the xg was level until they scored, then they sat back and we put late pressure on to equalise.

Put early pressure on.

Can't tell me had we got them turned around and the keeper making saves the ground wouldn't have felt different.
Cods

I agree with early pressure, but Goodison at least seems a lot louder when chances to equalise or lead occur later. (through relief)

I'm still not sure we defend a lead that well. Think we get complacent and withdraw.
AjaxAndy

brap2 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:55 am Yeah I just dont think they are good chances, they are scrappy and horrible and rely on you beating several players to the ball in a warzone.

Best chances in the game per xg were:

Onana header (7 foot in the air, crowded box)
Doucoure shot (crowded box ball pinballing everywhere)
Tark header (crowded box beat everyone at the back stick)
Then DCLs header, (another leap through the air beat everyone to it job.

All came after the hour mark. Interestingly the xg was level until they scored, then they sat back and we put late pressure on to equalise.

Put early pressure on.

Can't tell me had we got them turned around and the keeper making saves the ground wouldn't have felt different.
Yeah fully agree, but we also panic when it's pinball or we need to quickly sort our feet out... The Doucoure one is probably fairly high Xg but due to proximity not necessarily taking in to account the situation of having to react quickly... That's where better players / teams capitalise when we don't imo.

But yeah I don't think we create good chances, and that is the biggest issue of all.
Kerryblueboy

It’s not the fact we didn’t win it was a big chance to get a first win since December against a struggling palace side with a chance to drag them into it and he went so defensive that he let them settle into the game and easily defend our long balls they actually had 2 great chances to go ahead in the first half and I couldn’t believe my eyes when we came out in the second half with no changes
AjaxAndy

Kerryblueboy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:58 pm It’s not the fact we didn’t win it was a big chance to get a first win since December against a struggling palace side with a chance to drag them into it and he went so defensive that he let them settle into the game and easily defend our long balls they actually had 2 great chances to go ahead in the first half and I couldn’t believe my eyes when we came out in the second half with no changes
Yeah was a very negative lineup and so frustrating when there's no changes despite it being clear we're not at the races.

I think his theory right now is grind out results as he believes we will likely not concede and hopefully grab a goal from a set piece to take 3 points, or worst case we take a point.

Hard to argue really with that given it took a bit of a worldy from them to score and we wasted numerous opportunities... Just extremely hard to watch, especially if we don't get the 3 points we really need against a relegation rival.
Bluedylan1

For me that was a terrible setup, team selection, use of subs and approach to the game and could've easily be served up by Benitez or Allardyce. No amount of post-event rationalisation is going to change that for me. I've praised him a fair few times this season, and acknowledged the circumstances he's been working under but that was absolutely terrible the other night.

He's going to need to realise that it's absolutely not going to wash at Goodison/BMD in the longterm if he wants to evolve, keep the job and have a chance at building something here.
AjaxAndy

Bluedylan1 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:06 pm For me that was a terrible setup, team selection, use of subs and approach to the game and could've easily be served up by Benitez or Allardyce. No amount of post-event rationalisation is going to change that for me. I've praised him a fair few times this season, and acknowledged the circumstances he's been working under but that was absolutely terrible the other night.

He's going to need to realise that it's absolutely not going to wash at Goodison/BMD in the longterm if he wants to evolve, keep the job and have a chance at building something here.
Yep don't disagree tbh, more just trying to understand why he decided to go that way with the lineup and tactics.

If he keeps us up despite the 10 point deduction (and potentially more) then tbh he can justifiably play any brand or style of football as far as I'm concerned.

Doesn't mean I'd settle for that long term, but I will still only really judge him once the final ball is kicked and it's clear where the dust has settled.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic