Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
brap2

Re: Dyche

777Kidnappings wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:20 am Dcl was played right through the middle against villa..... he missed
That settles it then!
TheRam

Just don’t know what you expect with this squad of players and a club that’s on its arse financially.

It’s like you’re wanting absolute perfection, or needlessly nitpicking.

We’ve finished 17th the last two seasons, sold our best players, can’t spend money on decent replacements and now have a ten point deduction.

He’s making us effective. That’s all we can ask for at the moment.

It’s a tough watch a lot of the time, but it would be a tough watch no matter who was manager because the club is an absolute mess.
brap2

TheRam wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:19 pm Just don’t know what you expect with this squad of players and a club that’s on its arse financially.

It’s like you’re wanting absolute perfection, or needlessly nitpicking.

We’ve finished 17th the last two seasons, sold our best players, can’t spend money on decent replacements and now have a ten point deduction.

He’s making us effective. That’s all we can ask for at the moment.

It’s a tough watch a lot of the time, but it would be a tough watch no matter who was manager because the club is an absolute mess.
I think it's possible to have this opinion, which I think perfectly mirrors my thoughts on Dyche's performance, and also have a wider conversation about things we like or dislike about what we are watching.

Irt the chances thing - it's a pertinent conversation as far as I'm concerned. Does the way we play, which we're all happy to accept as much needed and my much appreciated, have an impact on the type quality and volume of chances, is it impacting players who are getting criticism over it? Same thing for example when it comes to valuing Onana ahead of summer.

It's an interesting point I think, and I wouldn't like to say - no matter what, no questions about what is happening on the pitch. I would like to think we are capable of discussing things with context without having to go 'well what do you expect' and shutting down any conversation.

THAT SAID - I know I in particular can be very fucking moany, and it probably does seem like I'm talking without context when I am doing so, so I will personally try and keep it in mind.
Audrey Horne

I would like to know why we can not shoot.

Why do our players either swing and miss, shoot into row z, or shoot so softly it rolls into the keeper.

Do we practice shooting?

Why does no one tell Gana to never ever shoot…?
AjaxAndy

777Kidnappings wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:20 am Dcl was played right through the middle against villa..... he missed
Such a rarity though, I'm with @brap2 here to an extent. I think we create opportunities outside of set pieces but they're generally low quality or half chances.

Slinging in the box for DCL to battle with 3 defenders while Harrison doesn't bother to get in at the back post is hardly the best way to create clear cut chances in open play.
Kerryblueboy

And the guy who played that great ball was then dropped out of the team for Ashley young
777Kidnappings

Kerryblueboy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:14 pm And the guy who played that great ball was then dropped out of the team for Ashley young
Well we are probably better off spamming set plays when dcl is missing everything so that seems like a sensible decision
TheRam

Kerryblueboy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:14 pm And the guy who played that great ball was then dropped out of the team for Ashley young
Danjuma?

He’s injured isn’t he?
Cods

AjaxAndy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:20 pm Such a rarity though, I'm with @brap2 here to an extent. I think we create opportunities outside of set pieces but they're generally low quality or half chances.

Slinging in the box for DCL to battle with 3 defenders while Harrison doesn't bother to get in at the back post is hardly the best way to create clear cut chances in open play.
Harrison is probably the only lay-it-on-a-plate player bar McNeil that we have though, and is usually on the front post with deft chips into the front men. That and defending back into the middle and covering a fullback. Not an easy role for anyone. McNeil and Harrison do well from what I've seen.
AjaxAndy

Cods wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:51 am Harrison is probably the only lay-it-on-a-plate player bar McNeil that we have though, and is usually on the front post with deft chips into the front men. That and defending back into the middle and covering a fullback. Not an easy role for anyone. McNeil and Harrison do well from what I've seen.
My point isn't about them not working hard though, I'm all about the Dyche train and what he has these players doing to keep us in games.

But we don't have any players with any quality on the ball to create gilt edged chances. Maybe Gomes to an extent but playing him brings it's own set of problems, and really he's not a creator either.

We'll continue to create low quality chances from open play because we don't have the players to do otherwise, and the style of play compounds the problem too.

But like I said, I back Dyche and think the style of play is necessary. Hopefully once Doucoure is back just having another attacking threat helps occupy defenders more and creates space to allow more progressive chance creation.
Cods

AjaxAndy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:21 am My point isn't about them not working hard though, I'm all about the Dyche train and what he has these players doing to keep us in games.

But we don't have any players with any quality on the ball to create gilt edged chances. Maybe Gomes to an extent but playing him brings it's own set of problems, and really he's not a creator either.

We'll continue to create low quality chances from open play because we don't have the players to do otherwise, and the style of play compounds the problem too.

But like I said, I back Dyche and think the style of play is necessary. Hopefully once Doucoure is back just having another attacking threat helps occupy defenders more and creates space to allow more progressive chance creation.
Yeah I know what you mean, and that's what I'm saying, Harrison is a player, one of few, that *can* make the right moves and lay it on a plate for others, provided they're awake to his moves. Handful of times so far I've seen him beat a player and go to the line to dink a perfectly weighted ball to the target men, which should be a tap in. He's smart enough and has the technical ability to do it. Further to this though is that he can't do this side of his game often enough, as he has other duties.

As you say, Gomes, who doesn't have those responsibilities also doesn't really fill in the gaps that we have. Doucouré can, but he's not really a technical passer, and more of an inconsistent finisher, especially if he has too long to think about it.
TheRam

Great to see.
brap2

We are the...worst best team? In Europe? Or something?

Kerryblueboy

Need a win no league win since Burnley in December
777Kidnappings

7 without a win apparently. Shame because apart from wolves it feels like we've played consistently quite well. Palace feels like a must win now though assuming forest lose we've actually had a really decent day
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic