Our Captain Seamus Coleman

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Audrey Horne

Re: Our Captain Seamus Coleman

Cods wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:41 am Uh, not sure our standards need to be lowered to the level of some others. It's a race to the bottom.

I expect better.

Interesting!

Im glad we arent being push overs.

So many years of accepting shite from players on the pitch. Glad that Coleman is puffing out his chest and not taking it anymore.

He isnt cheating, he isnt injuring players, he isnt even crossing the line!!

But he is showing some grit. 💙
Cods

brap2 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:56 am Oh sure I like to go think there's an element of gentlemanly conduct but Seamus isn't cheating, he isn't injuring anyone, he's just being aggressive and I can't fault that personally
Cheating, deliberately injuring etc is LCD, he's got to be well above that given his image and that armband.

Don't get me wrong either, I love Seamus 98%, but he does go too far at times, and to me it isn't pretty and undermines the perception of someone who seems to be a really decent fella.
Cods

Audrey Horne wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:03 am Interesting!

Im glad we arent being push overs.

So many years of accepting shite from players on the pitch. Glad that Coleman is puffing out his chest and not taking it anymore.

He isnt cheating, he isnt injuring players, he isnt even crossing the line!!

But he is showing some grit. 💙
But it's all handbags mate. It's not hard, nor heavy, just a bit cringe. And disappointing.

Anyways, as I've said, I expect better.
Gash

Jesus, you'd think he'd sparked the cunt out, he isn't 'losing it" on the pitch.

Seamus has always been like that, fire in the belly, winding up opposition players, going mental at goal celebrations, there's nothing new in what he's done there.
bigmanbob

And it's one of the reasons I love him, if half of the squad has has drive and passion we wouldn't be in the half of the shite we're in now
brap2

Would like a good RB though I can't lie
bigmanbob

Well there's also that :lol:
Audrey Horne

Cods wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:08 am But it's all handbags mate. It's not hard, nor heavy, just a bit cringe. And disappointing.

Anyways, as I've said, I expect better.
Disagree but 🤷‍♀️
Bluedylan1

I'm thrilled to see a player show some emotion and aggression in the era where everything is PRed and focus grouped to death, to be honest, as long as it doesn't overstep the mark.

Reckon the Spurs players know that Romero dishes a lot quite nasty tackles out, and is generally a bit of a bellend, and none of them are surprised or bothered when he gets a bit back.

Also, I imagine Seamus is probably massively angry and frustrated at what's happened to our club, a club he loves, and it's a way of expressing that. Crack on. Love to see it.
brap2

Yeah definitely think seamus is feeling the pressure and frustration in the same way we are as fans.
AjaxAndy

Obviously the player has been giving it some before the corner so absolutely no issue with Coleman being all 'in your face dickhead' after.
Cantoffee

Remember when he sarcastically called Kieran Gibbs a hard man? That was great. Best part of Covid football was hearing those interactions on the field.
Mouse

Having to defend your captain going toe to toe with a twat, surreal stuff
Cods

AjaxAndy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:17 pm Obviously the player has been giving it some before the corner so absolutely no issue with Coleman being all 'in your face dickhead' after.
I'm just not sure how the explainer goes out to the kids that are watching that, a role model of behaviour.

Can't wait til early morning Saturday kick-about.
AjaxAndy

Cods wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:07 am I'm just not sure how the explainer goes out to the kids that are watching that, a role model of behaviour.

Can't wait til early morning Saturday kick-about.
I coach kids and I can guarantee none will have picked up on anything there, and even if they did what are they going to do? Stare another kid in the face from a yard away after a goal?

Mate I see far worse at even under 9s, last week one of mine got elbowed in the ribs off the ball and another booted in his ankle... I'd happily take someone staring at someone else over shit like that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic