Our Captain Seamus Coleman

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
UnsyisaRhino

Re: Our Captain Seamus Coleman

He's celebrating right in Romero's face, although it's less a 'glad we scored' type celebration, and more a 'take that you dirty fuck' kinda vibe. They were going back and forth before the goal, I think from the foul on Beto that wasn't given just before.

Seamus keeps going at him and one or two others all the way back into our half.
bigmanbob

There must have been words, prior to the cross coming over Coleman is making hand signals in his face
Cods

UnsyisaRhino wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:35 pm He's celebrating right in Romero's face, although it's less a 'glad we scored' type celebration, and more a 'take that you dirty fuck' kinda vibe. They were going back and forth before the goal, I think from the foul on Beto that wasn't given just before.

Seamus keeps going at him and one or two others all the way back into our half.
Thanks Unsy.

He does seem to play fair and if that's not reciprocated he goes all 'pounce and humiliate' with maybe the added aim to get them to retaliate. Pashun?

I'm not sure it's exactly the quality you hope to see in your captain, but then Tarkowski's a bit too meek and accepting when things don't go our way too.
UnsyisaRhino

Cods wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:30 pm Thanks Unsy.

He does seem to play fair and if that's not reciprocated he goes all 'pounce and humiliate' with maybe the added aim to get them to retaliate. Pashun?

I'm not sure it's exactly the quality you hope to see in your captain, but then Tarkowski's a bit too meek and accepting when things don't go our way too.
No worries.

I don't mind a bit of it and normally I'd say he'd gone a bit too far, but what got me is that none of the spurs players around him reacted, almost like they knew he had it coming. Might be that the late goal just gutted them, but it was weird how they just watched it happen.
Audrey Horne

i love how much Coleman wants a scrap these days.
Cods

I find it a bit incongruous that the manager shouldn't make jokey or directly snarky comments to an underprepared journo at a press conference, but we're happy enough with our other leader of the playing group losing it on the pitch on a pretty regular basis.

If we have such high standards for one, we surely should have for the other.

Can we just put it down to white line fever?

I know the standard is a pretty low bar when it comes to player behaviour.
Shogun

Coleman has always been like this. Scores a goal and looks like he wants to kill someone half the time.
Cods

Not sure he was quite this aggressive, certainly not in other players faces when he was coming into the team under Moyes. The last two or three seasons he's been very narky.
Audrey Horne

Cods wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:21 am I find it a bit incongruous that the manager shouldn't make jokey or directly snarky comments to an underprepared journo at a press conference, but we're happy enough with our other leader of the playing group losing it on the pitch on a pretty regular basis.

eh?

Big difference to the manager and the player on a pitch tbh
Audrey Horne

And also, why is giving it back to a dick head player, lowering standards?

I want a captain who will take no shit. Stick up for the club, the players on the pitch etc.
Bluebridge

UnsyisaRhino wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:09 pm No worries.

I don't mind a bit of it and normally I'd say he'd gone a bit too far, but what got me is that none of the spurs players around him reacted, almost like they knew he had it coming. Might be that the late goal just gutted them, but it was weird how they just watched it happen.
He's exactly how I want the captain to react.
Cods

Audrey Horne wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:11 am And also, why is giving it back to a dick head player, lowering standards?

I want a captain who will take no shit. Stick up for the club, the players on the pitch etc.
Uh, not sure our standards need to be lowered to the level of some others. It's a race to the bottom.

I expect better.
brap2

Cods wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:21 am I find it a bit incongruous that the manager shouldn't make jokey or directly snarky comments to an underprepared journo at a press conference, but we're happy enough with our other leader of the playing group losing it on the pitch on a pretty regular basis.

Cross the white line it's war for me chief.
Cods

brap2 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:43 am Cross the white line it's war for me chief.
You'd have standards mate, pretty sure you'd not go off piste.
brap2

Cods wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:52 am You'd have standards mate, pretty sure you'd not go off piste.
Oh sure I like to go think there's an element of gentlemanly conduct but Seamus isn't cheating, he isn't injuring anyone, he's just being aggressive and I can't fault that personally
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic