Today's Football 2023-24

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
TheRam

Re: Today's Football 2023-24

It’s so strange how often this seems to be happening .

And I’m not posting that from an anti vac angle
Gash

TheRam wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:10 pm He’s a bellend this lad.

Completely wasting his career.
Think Shearer said much the same, not the bellend bit obviously. :) Personally think he's a bit over rated.

Private jet to Ireland and back as well, kind of doesn't quite sit right with the poverty campaigns he's involved in, get an EasyJet like the rest of us.
Shogun

United are hard work like, aren't they?
Gash

TheRam wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:12 pm It’s so strange how often this seems to be happening .

And I’m not posting that from an anti vac angle
I reckon it always has happened, they just let a couple of paramedics deal with it and the game went on. Now people in the crowd are just about getting into fights to shout to the ref to get the game stopped and get the clubs medics involved. Started before Covid anyway, I remember a Spurs or Newcastle game, maybe even was both teams and the game was stopped while the clubs doctors tended to someone. I don't think it's new, just the way it's dealt with is.
Gash

80 odd million for Antony to score one goal and an assist so far this season against the mighty Newport County.
Brownie

Gash wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:26 pm I reckon it always has happened, they just let a couple of paramedics deal with it and the game went on. Now people in the crowd are just about getting into fights to shout to the ref to get the game stopped and get the clubs medics involved. Started before Covid anyway, I remember a Spurs or Newcastle game, maybe even was both teams and the game was stopped while the clubs doctors tended to someone. I don't think it's new, just the way it's dealt with is.
We had one in the Cardiff v Quins match the other week - right by us. I’ve seen a few over the years at the rugby. Like you said, it’s nothing new
Gash

Brownie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:41 pm We had one in the Cardiff v Quins match the other week - right by us. I’ve seen a few over the years at the rugby. Like you said, it’s nothing new
Happened at Goodison just along from us at the Chelsea game last season, I couldn't believe how people were reacting and the anger involved from fans trying to get the attention of the ref and stop the game rather than just grab a steward and tell them. Then the abuse the stewards and medics were getting when they arrived was a disgrace, I get that people are concerned but the reaction of some fans certainly didn't help. Think she was alright in the end, Si was on the scene to help out. :)
Cereal Killer

Were the United players giving it large at the end? Like they’d just won a memorable game against one of Europes elite clubs?
Brownie

Cereal Killer wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:39 pm Were the United players giving it large at the end? Like they’d just won a memorable game against one of Europes elite clubs?
To be honest it was a bit of an upset them winning
CannockPricey

I don't want to be too disrespectful to Sheffield Wednesday or Coventry but if you are a team from the second tier of non league and you have won seven games to make the last 16 of the FA Cup, that isn't your dream tie is it?

I'm sure they'll have a great day out but Old Trafford or the Etihad would have been a fair bit better.
In a world full of adversity, we must still dare to dream.
74Blue

CannockPricey wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:56 pm I don't want to be too disrespectful to Sheffield Wednesday or Coventry but if you are a team from the second tier of non league and you have won seven games to make the last 16 of the FA Cup, that isn't your dream tie is it?

I'm sure they'll have a great day out but Old Trafford or the Etihad would have been a fair bit better.
On the flip side of that argument, getting Coventry or Sheffield Wednesday in the 5th round does send you into the tie hopeful of securing a place in the 6th round. Ultimately, the further you progress in the cup, the more likely you are to get that magical massive fixture. A decent cup run breeds confidence and teaching the heady heights of the 6th round has supporters daring to dream.
Cereal Killer

At least Salah won’t have to worry about getting fit for the Afcon final :snigger:
Shogun

Can see Forest turning over Arsenal tonight unfortunately
Cozzie

Shogun wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:45 pm Can see Forest turning over Arsenal tonight unfortunately
100%

Chris Wood after 13 mins then Arsenal spending the rest of the game playing the exact same way with no plan B.
Bluedylan1

I fancy the Arse there. Think they've come back from their winter break refreshed and back to business.
Locked Previous topicNext topic