Amadou Onana

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
brap2

Re: Amadou Onana

Dunno if having watched Beto you could describe him as experience you could rely on heavily.
AjaxAndy

brap2 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:35 pm Dunno if having watched Beto you could describe him as experience you could rely on heavily.
Hard to tell as he's had so few minutes to adapt, but I definitely would agree it's not been the most promising of starts.

I meant more the logic of buying a 26 year old rather than a youngster with potential though for the backup striker, rather than Beto himself... As in theory an experienced player should be able to slot straight in, but that theory with regards Beto has yet to be proven.
The Doc

brap2 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:35 pm Dunno if having watched Beto you could describe him as experience you could rely on heavily.
Good strikers are a rarity these days, but we've took a shot on a physical striker who hit double figures twice in the Serie A.

He'll take time to adapt but its not like a teenage Onana from Lille with 20 odd appearances kind of gamble.
brap2

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:54 pm Hard to tell as he's had so few minutes to adapt, but I definitely would agree it's not been the most promising of starts.

I meant more the logic of buying a 26 year old rather than a youngster with potential though for the backup striker, rather than Beto himself... As in theory an experienced player should be able to slot straight in, but that theory with regards Beto has yet to be proven.
I just mean a 26 year old who until he was in his 20s was still working in KFC can't really be called like a experienced known quantity.

We just needed someone who could do that job and for whatever reason the Beto Gamble seemed worth it to those in charge.

Might still be, hope so. Get him to click and you have an absolute wrecking ball.
Shogun

The higher the percentile, the better. e.g. Miscontrols and Dispossessions looks like a negative thing but the the graphic means compared to others in his position, he hardly does either of those things which puts him in a high percentile.

I don't know what the difference is between a ball recovery and an interception/tackle is though.

Paddockoldie

We've apparently set the fee at 60m...
Gary1878

Would highly prefer we keep him but if it’s between him and Jarrad, well it’s bye bye Amadou.

I didn’t watch any football this weekend after Thursday night. It was blissful.
Jimmywhack

Be disappointed to lose him mid season and no doubt see no money

If we replace him with the lad from Man U as well, it all stinks
Champagne lifestyle, Lemonade wages
TheRam

Good deal for us if it happens.

Would like to replace like for like in terms of playing style though instead of adding another runner in there.

I don’t see where he fits in at arsenal. Isn’t he just a poorer version of Rice?
brap2

60m euros, nowhere near enough that.
Brownie

Scott McTomminey incoming then
Cozzie

Don't Lille get 15% of that? Won't work out much profit if we sell him for that?

Prefer to keep hold for now and flog in the summer preferably.
Jimmywhack

Brownie wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:06 pm Scott McTomminey incoming then
Hannibal more like
Champagne lifestyle, Lemonade wages
blueToffee

Are there reliable links?

If the links are to Arsenal it seems a bit odd if they’d spend more money in that position before bringing in a striker.

Doesn’t quite add up .
Shogun

I'll post the tweet then!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic