James Garner

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Audrey Horne

Re: James Garner

Horrid footballer.

Isnt this the cunt complaining about the fans being tense?
Cods

Goaljira wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:56 am Surely knowing the financial constraints you have to understand that every signing matters, and put ever deal under massive scrutiny?

Is this player for the starting XI?
Does the team function with them, or does it need a wholesale way to the play style?
When are we going to sell them?
How much can we get for them?

How.many of the players we've signed for money have at least 2 Xs against those questions?

You have to look and think that for every two players we sign we need to sell one after 2-3 years for some kind of profit, even if small. One of Patterson or Mykolenko should have been in a.position to have been sold either last summer or this before their contracts get close to expiry but neither will even get us back what we paid at this stage.

Someone has to say 'No, we cannot commit £40m to one player'. Even if he looks like down the line he's going to be great and sold for a profit(Though at £40m with a sell on clause that was a ridiculous gamble to take for minimal return) there is just such a lack of quality across the board that it can't be done.

Over the last 2 summers we've committed to spending over £50m on 3 strikers, none of which are a like for like replacement for our main striker. That's just madness.
Exactly. 100%.

The players we've actually paid cash for haven't moved the needle on the pitch, hopefully they have resale, not that we're necessarily going to earn as big a profit as we might have had they performed.

Particularly our big £33m midfield purchase who likes to decide if/when he's interested or not, and even then there's not much difference in the level of performance. There had to be question marks at the time, beyond his physical attributes and potential.

Sure, his price tag shouldn't be the reason he's criticised, nor should a young player not be given the benefit of the doubt, but I've little doubt he'll put in his best premier league performance within half a dozen games of pulling on an Arsenal/Chelsea/(insert similarly sized club here) shirt, if he gets his dream move at all. Chatting and joking with the Chelsea opposition as he left the field at half time, when his club were 4 goals down. His time's up. Think Moyes had him right at the time. Poor Hammers, ending up with Kudus instead. :roll:
TheRam

Making a habit of being dragged off before the hour this lad isn’t he.

I think Dyche doesn’t rate him and hopefully we’ll be able to get enough players in to demote him to a squad player.

Poor player.
CraigS...

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/31/Show/England-Everton

Best CM player in the team , so how bad are the other 3/4 players ?

2 of them are shop window playing and 2 are looking for moves in the summer , but lets jump all over the lad that is staying and putting a shift in every game

OH and then there is Deli lol
Cereal Killer

One goal and two assists in 32 appearances

Fucking heroic

Why’s he not on the plane to the euros?!
Kerryblueboy

He is shite
MmmBlueBranthwaite

TheRam wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:59 am

I think Dyche doesn’t rate him
So much so that he keeps picking him ahead of seasoned Belgium international Onana.
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
777Kidnappings

MmmBlueBranthwaite wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:14 pm So much so that he keeps picking him ahead of seasoned Belgium international Onana.
Onana has been worse
CraigS...

777Kidnappings wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:54 pm Onana has been worse

Playing with 2 feet out the door for a long time now
Shogun

Only player in the central midfield that can play with two feet.
TheRam

Gana
Doucoure
Onana
Garner
Gomes

That’s the order of midfielders for us in terms of how they’ve played for us

Gana- Very good, one of our best ever in the prem

Doucoure- Good, had spells when he was great.

Onana- Not showed how good he can be enough. Doesn’t impose himself as much as he should, goes missing too much.

Garner- Average as average gets.

Gomes- Odd game here and there he looks great. Otherwise has been poor for most of his time here.
Cozzie

Gomes, Onana and Gana all likely off.

Got so fucking much to do in the summer.
AjaxAndy

Cozzie wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:21 pm Gomes, Onana and Gana all likely off.

Got so fucking much to do in the summer.
Gomes has contributed the square root of zero, you could sign a league one player for £1m who would do as much if not more.

Onana hasn't contributed a great deal, had some decent matches but I don't feel his presence is going to be greatly missed. Obviously he's a player with a high ceiling, but having him at his floor level isn't hugely beneficial for a team who needs to rely on him.

Gana we need to re-sign, not on his current wages but I feel he loves it here and I'd hope we could come to some agreement that suited both parties. Would definitely be the biggest miss of the three of he were to leave
Cozzie

AjaxAndy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:40 pm Gomes has contributed the square root of zero, you could sign a league one player for £1m who would do as much if not more.

Onana hasn't contributed a great deal, had some decent matches but I don't feel his presence is going to be greatly missed. Obviously he's a player with a high ceiling, but having him at his floor level isn't hugely beneficial for a team who needs to rely on him.

Gana we need to re-sign, not on his current wages but I feel he loves it here and I'd hope we could come to some agreement that suited both parties. Would definitely be the biggest miss of the three of he were to leave
I'm thinking more numbers if anything.

We still technically need 2 full backs on both flanks as well.

You're right though, only really Gana is important to us out of those, really need to try and twist his arm for one more season.
AjaxAndy

Cozzie wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:17 pm I'm thinking more numbers if anything.

We still technically need 2 full backs on both flanks as well.

You're right though, only really Gana is important to us out of those, really need to try and twist his arm for one more season.
Yeah 100% agree on numbers, we need a lot of bodies in to create even a semblance of a working squad.

I don't think it's hard to replace some of the squad because they've contributed very little in game time (Gomes, Danjuma etc), but realistically I think we need 6 bodies in before we've even sold anyone. Onana, Gana and Branthwaite would mean another 3 required so it's a pretty unfeasible task ahead.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic