James Garner

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: James Garner

Played well when he came on, was unlucky not to score and looked lively bringing energy to the midfield.
brap2

Anonymous beyond the shot that he missed
Paddockoldie

Get him as RB for a while. Good engine, committed in the tackle and it frees up a place in midfield for Douc. I'd go 2 up top... Beto for through balls and DCL for hold up and headers. We need goals and one striker is easily stifled
AjaxAndy

brap2 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:02 pm Anonymous beyond the shot that he missed
Put in a quality block on the edge of our area from one of their shots that was goal bound, generally looked to receive the ball and move it on quickly.

Disagree he was anonymous tbh.
MmmBlueBranthwaite

Offers more than Doucoure.
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
CraigS...

Good player would be better if he was playing 1 role all season ( in this his 1st full season in the prem ffs )
cassius

I could have sworn this was Garner's second full season with us?
CraigS...

cassius wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:59 pm I could have sworn this was Garner's second full season with us?
1st season 795 min and most of that was after the Lampard was sacked avg 46 mins a game over 16 games

So this is really his 1st full season

looks like we have only lost 2 game over both seasons were he started as the 6 and that was Man City both times
cassius

CraigS... wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:23 pm 1st season 795 min and most of that was after the Lampard was sacked avg 46 mins a game over 16 games

looks like we have only lost 2 game over both seasons were he started as the 6 and that was Man City both times
Thanks for the specific details there, James.
Escla

CraigS... wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:23 pm 1st season 795 min and most of that was after the Lampard was sacked avg 46 mins a game over 16 games

Is right.
superpull

Freakonomics that though isn't it?

Is he only starting as a 6 for the games the manager is deploying specific instructions? If he started as a 6 more often against more varied opposition, would that be a more reflective stat of the teams general results?
Cods

That is the most surprising thing I've read on here in some time.

Only 2 losses in 13 games starting at DM, both against City. The Spurs loss he started further forward.

Brighton and Villa (apart from City) are the highest ranking clubs in that run, however. Includes Palace, Wolves, Burnley, Fulham, Leicester.

We've a considerably worse record when he's been played at RM or RB, but again, partly opposition-related.
Shogun

How come Onana gets pelters and this fella gets away with being absolute shite every week? I genuinely don't notice he's on the pitch until he fouls someone.
777Kidnappings

Shogun wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:11 pm How come Onana gets pelters and this fella gets away with being absolute shite every week? I genuinely don't notice he's on the pitch until he fouls someone.
I think we accept he's a bit shit but are told onana might be playing for arsenal or bayern next season
Stumpy

Shogun wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:11 pm How come Onana gets pelters and this fella gets away with being absolute shite every week? I genuinely don't notice he's on the pitch until he fouls someone.
What you didn't notice him getting brushed aside on the edge of the area in the run up to the 2nd goal when he had two tries at getting the ball.
As far i'm concerned onana deserves all the pelters he get's, but your right so does garner.
Both of them do the square root of fuck all.
That's the engine room of the team.
And we wonder why we are heading to hell in a handcart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic