Abdoulaye Doucoure

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
TheRam

Re: Abdoulaye Doucoure

Paddockoldie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:13 pm He won't go to Saudi. He's committed his heart to us and I think the direction of players will be more leaving Saudi than going. Unless you're a finished greedy cunt.
For somebody like Doucoure who is a devout Muslim finishing your career in Saudi Arabia on a big contract is very appealing.
Escla

TheRam wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:14 pm For somebody like Doucoure who is a devout Muslim finishing your career in Saudi Arabia on a big contract is very appealing.
This is spot on, hadn’t thought of that, he would be totally motivated for religious reasons to finish his career in the holiest of places and as big a loss as it would be it would help keep the lights on at GP for another month or two.
Gary1878

Saudi have, for obvious reasons, a very good track record in attracting top Muslim players.

I would prefer that this kind of move is done in the summer. He is such a vital player for us that him leaving mid season would put us in a very tricky spot
Shogun

He seems to love it here more than anybody else in the team, so I doubt he'll be pushing for anywhere.
The Doc

I'd sell and reinvest. He gets quite a lot of injuries and it's only going to get worse.
Paddockoldie

Knowing us, any money we'd get would be used to clear our debts... we need players to replace Danjuma and Douc if he went. Slow suicide
Escla

Paddockoldie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:41 pm Knowing us, any money we'd get would be used to clear our debts... we need players to replace Danjuma and Douc if he went. Slow suicide
I doubt it would be used to clear debts, more likely it would be used as much needed working capital to keep the lights on, pay the wages and continue construction of BMD.
StirlingBlue

As with all things Everton what makes sense for a well run club to do and what makes sense for us are two very different factors.

Normal clubs would snatch your hand off for £30m-£40m for him, clear 100k+ p/w off the wages and reinvest in a similar younger player on 4-5 year deal spreading the cost.

For us though, even if we do reinvest the money I’ve no faith in us doing it sensibly and we’d probably spunk £30m+ on a totally different player like Gnoto which won’t work mid season.
Paddockoldie

Escla wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:22 pm I doubt it would be used to clear debts, more likely it would be used as much needed working capital to keep the lights on, pay the wages and continue construction of BMD.
It's all debt. We wouldn't use it for new players was my point.
777Kidnappings

Feels more like ffp punishments are designed to dith rive clubs to bankruptcy than protect them. 10 more points and we are probably safe enough from relegation to make the clever decision to sell him given his age and large wage

Same with forest. Apparently they could have taken a much smaller fee for Johnson sooner and complied with ffp.

We are in a cycle now of punishments leading to smaller prize monies. Clubs knowing we have to sell our better players. Having to make more short term decisions than we'd like. All so ffp can save us from financial ruin
Evertonfc15

Paddockoldie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:13 pm He won't go to Saudi. He's committed his heart to us and I think the direction of players will be more leaving Saudi than going. Unless you're a finished greedy cunt.
u mean like henderson :D
Kerryblueboy

So let’s say we are offered 25/30 million for him should we accept it considering his age and chances of injuries and reinvest it
AjaxAndy

Kerryblueboy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:57 am So let’s say we are offered 25/30 million for him should we accept it considering his age and chances of injuries and reinvest it
It would depend on if we'd reinvest it and how much of it we'd reinvest.

He's our most important player for the system we play and can't win a game without him. So selling for any amount would be crazy if we didn't immediately reinvest in a player who could be as equally as important.
Gary1878

Let’s all face it. With our current financial predicament, Sean Dyche has the ultimate football manager challenge.

He will have to raise a decent amount of funds in some way, whilst keeping us up. And we just have to hope that doesn’t involve selling Jarrad.

So if it means selling Onana and Douc in the summer, then so be in. But please let’s do this sort of stuff in the summer window and not January. That’s too disruptive, in a season that is hard enough as it is.
Paddockoldie

Evertonfc15 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:50 am u mean like henderson :D
I gave it a like but they shouldn't be mentoned in the same sentence.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic