Everton Memories from Yesteryear

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cozzie

Re: Everton Memories from Yesteryear

Shogun wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:25 pm Didn't want to start a thread but how did 1998 feel at the time?

Staying up at the end on the basis that we conceded 5 fewer goals than Bolton. Chelsea didn't score until the 73rd minute. Any goal from Coventry after Dublin equalised in the 89th minute sends us down.

We got a hint of it against Bournemouth last season but at least it was in our hands the entire day.

Everton 1-1 Coventry
Chelsea 2-0 Bolton

Final Table

17th Everton W9 D13 L16 G41 GA56 Pts40
18th Bolton W9 D13 L16 G41 GA61 Pts40

Barmby also missed a penalty.

It was weird like. Over ar Chelsea when it was 1-0 and Chelsea where on the break Chelseas fans where actually booing their own players.

Weirdly this one, at least to me, felt far more nervy than the recent one against Bournemouth, but that may have been because I was in the ground for the Bournemouth one.

Andy Grays commentary on the Coventry game really wound me up as well, just made it 10 times worse. The Dublin header was horrid. We'd also just come into this on the back of a thrashing at Arsenal which left us looking absolutely shagged.

Horrible game but the relief was amazing.
Bluebridge

I cried when Farrelly scored that goal.
Never again Kenwright said after that game if I remember correctly.
Cods

It was terrible in both 94 and 98, waiting until 11pm Monday night to watch the 5-10 minute (?) highlights, or early Tuesday morning as the VCR had been programmed to record. The result wasn't in the newspapers. Agony to wait that long to find out, but weirdly it all unfolded quicker than could actually be processed, so it wasn't a long agony.

Wimbledon was worse 20 minutes in, but 98 wasn't fun either.

Bareth and Gareth's goals were extacy.
Bluebridge

Cods wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:29 am It was terrible in both 94 and 98, waiting until 11pm Monday night to watch the 5-10 minute (?) highlights, or early Tuesday morning as the VCR had been programmed to record. The result wasn't in the newspapers. Agony to wait that long to find out, but weirdly it all unfolded quicker than could actually be processed, so it wasn't a long agony.

Wimbledon was worse 20 minutes in, but 98 wasn't fun either.

Bareth and Gareth's goals were extacy.
Bareth 😂
Cods

Bluebridge wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:54 pmBareth 😂
I think the twin goals I've celebrated most in my life, those. Blues brothers them two. Kings of kings.
Toffee1

Toffee1

Big Nev!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic