James Garner

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Juanito

Re: James Garner

Brownhill and Barkley on frees it is then
AjaxAndy

Juanito wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:59 pm Brownhill and Barkley on frees it is then
Would improve us no doubt, wouldn't want either in an ideal world but we're so far away from that place it's something we'd seriously have to consider.
Bluedylan1

Much as I've praised him all season long, and wanted it to happen, I just can't see Dyche tolerating Barkley in his team. He doesn't do ''technical quality with limited defensive contribution'' players really. Barkley could contribute heavily to 10 goals, but if he let a man run past him through the middle once, he'd be benched for 3 months.
Toddacelli

Bluedylan1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:29 am Much as I've praised him all season long, and wanted it to happen, I just can't see Dyche tolerating Barkley in his team. He doesn't do ''technical quality with limited defensive contribution'' players really. Barkley could contribute heavily to 10 goals, but if he let a man run past him through the middle once, he'd be benched for 3 months.
He has been good going forward but he has been a spectator defensively speaking. We can’t afford that. Tbf neither can Luton which is why they are where they are.
Bluedylan1

Toddacelli wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:20 pm He has been good going forward but he has been a spectator defensively speaking. We can’t afford that. Tbf neither can Luton which is why they are where they are.
I think there would be 100% room for Barkley under the right manager, or under the right setup, but Dyche wants everyone in the team to be good without the ball, rightly or wrongly and that's not Barkley.
Toddacelli

Bluedylan1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 pm I think there would be 100% room for Barkley under the right manager, or under the right setup, but Dyche wants everyone in the team to be good without the ball, rightly or wrongly and that's not Barkley.
He’s deffo an upgrade in terms of creativity and breaking lines - hugely. But I agree with you that Dyche would not be the best fit for him as a manager.
The Doc

I could see Barkley in our midfield even with Dyche as manager, but only in a deeper position against the teams that want us to try and break them down. Otherwise he'd fit into Doucoure's position.
brap2

Bluedylan1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 pm I think there would be 100% room for Barkley under the right manager, or under the right setup, but Dyche wants everyone in the team to be good without the ball, rightly or wrongly and that's not Barkley.
Yeah 100%, dyche isn't putting up with him off the ball as he's just a literal waste of space.

Love to watch him on the ball and all the best going forward but dyche needs his soldiers.
TheRam

He’s terrible off the ball and it’s no reflection on any manager if they don’t want him in their team.

It’s a shame for him as he is extremely talented but he’s a liability off the ball.
Toddacelli

I think the verdict is in.
777Kidnappings

He'd still be an amazing swap for gomes. Least he's capable with the ball and for probably half the wages. That is a low bar though
Toddacelli

777Kidnappings wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:38 pm He'd still be an amazing swap for gomes. Least he's capable with the ball and for probably half the wages. That is a low bar though
Yeah, say what you like about the defensive side of Barkley’s game but he doesn’t give away lots of silly free kicks on the edge of the area with his tackling back….
Mouse

I’m confused by the Barkley narrative. So, he was brilliant, became shit, fucked us over to go to Chelsea where he was, well, pretty much shit, had a loan at Villa where he played two good games before becoming shit (again), moved to France to be merde, and then to a pretty shit team in Luton where he stands out because they are pretty much shit (19 real points behind what is generally accepted as a very shit Everton) but he is now the answer to our dreams.

Nope, I still don’t understand the narrative.
CraigS...

Mouse wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:58 pm I’m confused by the Barkley narrative. So, he was brilliant, became shit, fucked us over to go to Chelsea where he was, well, pretty much shit, had a loan at Villa where he played two good games before becoming shit (again), moved to France to be merde, and then to a pretty shit team in Luton where he stands out because they are pretty much shit (19 real points behind what is generally accepted as a very shit Everton) but he is now the answer to our dreams.

I don’t understand you not understanding the narrative we are losing 3/4 CM players this summer and Ross has had a good season and is FREE

OH and is a better attacking CM player than any of the 3/4 players going this summer
777Kidnappings

Mouse wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:58 pm I’m confused by the Barkley narrative. So, he was brilliant, became shit, fucked us over to go to Chelsea where he was, well, pretty much shit, had a loan at Villa where he played two good games before becoming shit (again), moved to France to be merde, and then to a pretty shit team in Luton where he stands out because they are pretty much shit (19 real points behind what is generally accepted as a very shit Everton) but he is now the answer to our dreams.

He's okay and he's rumoured to be free and on small wages. That's right where we are in terms of what we have to look at
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic