David Moyes

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cozzie

Re: David Moyes

Deano Blue Boy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:07 pm Who didn't?
The Moyesiah.
AjaxAndy

Shogun wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:41 pm Obviously it's all a bit tongue-in-cheek but I doubt anybody's opinions are really going to have changed based on a couple of weeks football.

I think one of Moyes' strong points is seeking out players with specific talents and getting them to work hard and gel as a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. Obviously that bites him at times because it can be predictable and he runs them into the ground, but when I look at the mess we are in at board level alongside the rumours about Thelwell leaving then I'd trust Moyes more than any manager we can attract to try and build a squad with a bit of talent in it.

I'm not saying Dyche can't do that but you see someone like Young playing so much, Harrison being the most defensive winger we've seen whilst he's struggled to find a place for Chermiti, Beto, Patterson and Danjuma (whatever you think of them) then I worry we're going to just have a squad filled with 'dependable' journeymen who can adequately hold the shape of the team but are actually poor footballers with little to no value.

Dyche is going nowhere and I'm not saying it's easy when you've got little-to-no money to go find a talented player, I just think Moyes has proven his ability to do that a lot more than Dyche has in their respective careers.
I think the counter argument would be Moyes went to Sunderland under similar circumstances and it was an absolute disaster, and his signings were utterly horrible.

Whereas Dyche has been in that Sunderland type situation with us and comfortably kept us up whilst turning Branthwaite in to probably the most sought after young CB in world football.

Both play shit football so I'd call a draw on that part.
Deano Blue Boy

Cozzie wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:17 amThe Moyesiah.
He beat them a couple of times
Cozzie

Deano Blue Boy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:50 am He beat them a couple of times
Think the main concensus was this season and where he is now.

Either way I wouldn't really have him back now.
777Kidnappings

West ham have won 4 more points than us. With some great attacking talent he plays the same shit football and has barely outperformed us. He'd be a sidewards step at best.

People might not like it but with the squad we have we play the way we'll get most points. The manager isn't the big issue at the moment
Bluedylan1

Just a bit of credit for Moyes.

He took over West Ham in 17th place in December 2019. The following season he got West Ham's record points total in the Prem with 65 points, finishing 6th. The following season they finished 7th and got to the Europa League semi-final. First time West Ham have ever had back-to-back top 7 finishes in their entire history.

Following season they finished 14th and won the Conference League, West Ham's first ever European trophy. And then this season they're probably gonna finish 9th or 10th, although their form has dropped off a cliff recently, probably when it's known that the manager is changing in the summer.

People can say whatever they want about the guy, but he's a talented manager. Maybe he's never going to be the guy to push a club from Europa League to Top 4 challengers, because of the way his teams play, but his record with Everton and West Ham in the Prem is overall commendable and he's proven himself to be one of the best, most consistent managers outside of the top echelon.
Kerryblueboy

Can’t underestimate how much rice carried them for a couple of seasons
TheRam

Moyes has done great for West Ham and he’s a very good manager but anyone who’s watched them over the last two seasons would tell you he’s as negative as dyche, without all the good off the ball stuff which is why I thought it was strange to see so many people want him in.
Silas

Yeah he's a good manager I don't want him back here because return essentially never work out,but West Ham fans should be worshipping him but they've laid into him like he's not been great for them
Kerryblueboy

He should have bought a striker with the rice money
Shogun

Still not having them beating a bunch of Belgian and Dutch teams to win a trophy as an achievement like :whistle:
Trowel

Bluebridge

Kerryblueboy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:45 pm He should have bought a striker with the rice money
Where’s the Rice money Bill?
Audrey Horne

I'd be so utterly depressed with Moyes back
Toddacelli

Trowel wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:04 pm
Wouldn’t be surprised, with this announcement, that his next appointment is either already in the bag, or he’s taking some time out.
Can’t see him taking some time out though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic